Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mid 20's

I was looking at this blog today and thinking that a) it's been a while since my last post and b) I am now over the mid point in my twenties ( I had my 26th Birthday a month ago). To me this a great milestone, but also now puts my life in perspective.

When I was younger at the age of about 16 I used to say to myself that by the time that I was 26 I would like to be in a stable relationship possibly married with a child or one on the way, own my own house and have a respectable career. Well here's the reality, yes I am in a very stable relationship, with the possibility of a not too distant wedding, no children or even the possibility of one (not planning on any just yet), yes I do own my own home with aforementioned partner, and as for the respectable career, I would say it was rather respectable, still learning things and getting to grips with the whole job.

So in a nut shell i'm nearly there with what I espired to be when I was 16. But it's only been in the last 3 years that this has all come together and I still sometimes feel the urge to think back to what if i didn't go on that Flash course in May 2004 and didn't meet the man of my dreams, how different my life would be. But I know that it wouldn't be as nice as it is now.

No comments: